Friday, October 22, 2010

Curried Coconut Lentil Soup (w/ cilantro and spinach)
Ingredients/Directions:

Saute in soup pot 2-3 min:
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-2-3 cloves of garlic
-1 onion, diced

Add, cook until fragrant:
-1/2 tsp turmeric
-1 tsp garam masala
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp cumin


Add:

-2 cans of diced tomatoes (or 1 large 28oz)
-1c red lentils (I add some green too)
-2tsp lemon juice
-2.5c vegetable broth
-1 can (lite) coconut milk

Bring to boil, turn down and let simmer for 30 min., till lentils are tender.

Add:
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch of spinach, chopped

*It's also really yummy to add cubed chicken

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Did you post this a while back? I thought I got it from you... I have made it a few times and am in LOVE with it!!!! SOOOO Yummy! Thanks for all the new recipes - I am so excited to try them out!

sara said...

I did! - It's a repeat (but I think I took the old one off) This is for sure one of my favorites too!!