Friday, November 5, 2010

CRAVING-KILLING COOKIES
(peanut butter)
Ingredients:
1 large egg
1.5c natural peanut butter
1.5 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/4-1/3c honey
1/2c almond meal
1tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350
In a large bowl, lightly beat egg. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Form little balls w/ a spoon or your hands and place on lightly greased or lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 min. Balls will buff up and lightly brown. (I also criss-crossed mine w/ a fork)

Makes 16-24 (mine made 24 -recipe says 16-20)

Nutritional value:
100 cal, 6g fat, 5mg cholest, 90mg sodium, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 5g sugar, 5g protein
(more like 80 cal if you yield 24 cookies)

9 comments:

Trainer Momma said...

SWEET! These look awesome and easy. I will definitely give them a whirl!

Miss Niss said...

i already know my kids will love these!! thanks for the recipe!!!

today i PASSED on pizza at a bday party we went to...AND we ALL passed on the bday cake...came home and made me some egg whites and veggies for dinner and then we had air popped popcorn!!

love the NON BLOATED feeling!!!

sara said...

Hope you guys like them! They are definitely easy!

Go niss (& family!)! I find I don't really mind passing when I come home and make myself something good and yummy.
I am loving popcorn lately -doing it on the stove top.

Non-Bloated = HAPPY!

Wendy Phelps said...

Sara, I have been making a lot of the meals you make and have actually been losing weight! I have an inactive thyroid, so my metabolism is shot, and I have a very hard time losing weight. I have lost 35 pounds this year and my endocrinologist is amazed, but I have come to a standstill. I now have a trainer who is helping me build my muscles so that my resting metabolism increases. We'll see... I just wanted to say thank you for keeping your blog updated and for the recipes! It really helps.

sara said...

Wendy,

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! I'm sure increasing your muscle mass is going to help.

I will try to be really good at keeping new recipe's coming!

Unknown said...

where do you find the almond meal?

Anonymous said...

These look so good, Sar. I will have to try them. Is almond meal at the store?

sara said...

Almond Meal:
I have looked for it, but haven't found it...I actually just grind up sliced almonds in a coffee grinder! Works like a charm!

Miss Niss said...

you can find almond meal at sprouts or any health food store---bobs red mill