Thursday, January 12, 2012

Here's another one! All about sugar addiction. So interesting!!!!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/undergroundwellness/2011/11/04/overcoming-sugar-addiction-with-jill-escher
You can also download it for free from itunes. I listen to these from my phone -which makes it really convenient b/c then I can listen to it anywhere - while driving, exercising, around the house, etc...

I have really been trying to listen to my body by being aware of how I feel after a meal. I am dragging my feet at the conclusions I am coming to! Grrrr. I am finding/realizing that it's not just refined sugar that I'm addicted to... it's carbs -which essentially, our body treats as sugar. Oatmeal (not cooked) w/ cinnamon, maybe some peanut butter, and a few raisins with milk is a HUGE treat for me... but my body doesn't respond well to it. I don't know why I'm surprised, with the dried fruit, milk, and high carbs of the oatmeal. I've been in denial. But, my body doesn't lie... and I want to listen. (In case you're wondering what "doesn't respond well to" means- my tummy bloats/gas, I want to eat more (my mouth is hungry), I get tired etc.)
I've also noticed I do really well with a lot of vegetables in the morning. This morning I had my usual 3 eggwhites cooked w/ onion and sweet peppers, 1 over-med egg, and a bunch of kale chopped and saute'd in coconut oil. A plateful of goodness. I feel good after that. My energy is up, I'm satiated... A good way I monitor how I'm feeling is asking myself if I'm ready for a hard workout or long run. If my answer is noooooo - then I know I should probably cut that food out. And that's where I am with oatmeal. -At least how I prepare it when not cooked. I do better with a small amount of cooked oatmeal b/c I'm only adding the cinnamon...

Eat well, be happy!

*UPDATE*
Lunch was: tilapia, pan roasted onion, peppers, zucchini and kale (added at the end) cooked in coconut oil. Very satisfying. I need good amounts of protein at each meal to feel good.
Snack: 1/2 apple and peanut butter
Ran into a friend at the gym and had a great workout!!
Snack (pre dinner) pistachios
Dinner: Steak fajita salad- red lettuce, spinach, steak strips, onion, sweet peppers, dollop of greek yogurt, avocado slices, topped with fresh squeezed lemon and pepper.

8 comments:

Miss Niss said...

SOOOO interesting!!! oh my goodness...

Miss Niss said...

tilapia's one of my fave's!! so mild...

Miss Niss said...

ok 2 questions...1) are you tired of all my comments yet??!!! hahahah
2) when you do your eggs and use the yolk of the one, do you eat that egg as well? or just use the yoke part?

doing chard and kale in coconut oil is YUM, we have had a lot coming out of our garden that i'm using in my smoothies and eggs and stuff, so good!

Jessie Grigsby said...

This is a great site. I love the recipe here. I love Tilapia and I try to incorporate fish into my diet daily. It is tough to find new recipes that taste good while still being healthy. I lost 45 pounds with the insanity diet and I don't want to gain a single pound back! Check out my before and after pics. http://www.insaneworkoutreview.com/

Kristen said...

Where did you go? I really enjoy your blog. Are you all done?!

Unknown said...

Bryce! I fell off the map!! Started working full time, had another baby, am getting a masters degree etc... I'd love to start this back up again - but don't think I'd be able to manage!

Unknown said...

Bryce! I fell off the map!! Started working full time, had another baby, am getting a masters degree etc... I'd love to start this back up again - but don't think I'd be able to manage!

Jill said...

I would love to read more from you!!
I have read past posts and keep checking to see if you are back! Thanks for all the great stuff here. :)