Monday, April 13, 2009

Here we go: If you'd like to participate, email me at: saramaier@yahoo.com by Saturday, the 18th!

2009 RESOLUTIONARY CHALLENGE part deux: START DATE: APRIL 20, 2009

I love this challenge because EVERY person has the ability to get 10 points daily.

Daily Habits

Each item is worth 1 point, with a possible 10 points per day

1 8 hours of sleep (not necessarily consecutive)

2 48 oz. water

3 45 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)

4 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit

5 No soda, beer, wine, unhealthy snacks, or bad fast food [anything FRIED]

6 No sweets [candy, desserts, pastries and sugary snacks & cereals] *sugar-free alternatives in moderation are ok

7 No eating after dinner/8pm

8 15 minutes of scripture reading (or other spiritual text if you don't do scripture)

9 One journal entry (any length)

10 Express sincere appreciation or praise to your spouse (if single, to another person)

Note: You have one free day a week, of your choice, where all 10 points will be given.

Exceptions

You are excused from the sweet rule on YOUR BIRTHDAY.

You are allowed three sick days where you are excused from exercising and eating veg/fruit/water [if you can’t eat/drink] This is ONLY to be used if you are indeed sick.

Scoring

All scoring is "on your honor." Please update the shared Google spreadsheet each day, or week with your points. We will send you this after you have paid $20 into a paypal account (we are setting this up).

There are two categories of winners:

1. The three resolutionaries with the most points will equally divide 80% of the cash in the Challenge Fund. For example, if there is $500 in the kitty, $400 will be allocated amongst the three players with the most points.

2. All participants with more than 505 points, or 60% of the available points. Because the Resolutionary Challenge is partly about getting the most points, but mostly about process, any person who gets an average of 6 points or better per day, will have won, and will be eligible for a random giveaway which will be funded by the remaining 20% in the Challenge Fund.

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness I sooo want to do this....
Are you going to be doing it again Post baby? (after June)
Hopefully next time around but I would have to take a few weeks off to have the little one so I will just try to do as good as I can and participate next time!

sara said...

You can still do it while pregnant - My sister did it while she was pregnant and loved, loved it - She had her baby w/ about 3wks left of the challenge, so the last few weeks her numbers were lower, but she was so glad she did it. So think about it! :)

Becky said...

i am in - i'll email you. :)

sara said...

Yay Becky! I'll email you the link to sign up once we get it set up!!! :)

Lorie said...

This is a great idea.

White Lily said...

I think I want to do this. Just two questions: 1)If I eat dinner at 5:30, am I allowed to eat stuff after dinner, as long as it's before 8:00?
2)Can journal style blog posts count as journal entries, or does it have to be a private, personal journal entry?

sara said...

Lori! It is GREAT. I just got done with it a few weeks ago...part of me is like, ??? really? you're doing this again? But this time around I know the majority of those participating, so it is going to be fun and the support will be plentiful :)

White Lily-
About eating after dinner, I would say yes, -especially if you are a 5 or 6 meal a day person...but I think I will clarify that in the rules... Really, it's mostly about cutting out the needless snacking at night...
And about journaling - really it's up to you - I would say your blog counts -it is a form of journaling. I did (and plan to on this one) right in my journal -It felt really good to put pen to paper -and most the stuff that came out I wouldn't blog about...

email me for the sign up: saramaier@yahoo.com.

Deadline is this Sunday 6pm!

Anonymous said...

From my own highly superior deduction skills I figured this challenge lasts about 90 days. Is that correct?

sara said...

Correct Mrs T! But it is DO-ABLE!!! And these things really become 'habits'...GOOD habits. :)

Lizzie said...

where do I pay?