Sunday, January 9, 2011

First day of the Wellness Challenge and I'm happy to have it back in my life. :)

Working through soreness from yesterdays workout! -I did a 4 mile run w/ interval training. The first mile I jogged at my regular pace, then for the 2nd mile I used the light poles as a distance guide. I jogged (1) light pole, ran the distance of 2 light poles and sprinted the distance of 2 light poles, then repeated (1 jog, 2 run, 2 sprint) till the mile was up. The 3rd mile I did a few sprints but was dying :) so I jogged and then did 2 sets of 24 walking lunges and 2 sets of 26 walking lunges w/ jogging in between each set. Mile 4 was back to the intervals. Great workout!!!

I tried something new today- 1/2 a baked yam cut up in chunks w/ a tsp. of butter, 1/2 an apple cut up in chunks, sprinkled w/ cinnamon all mixed together. Sweet, yummy and filling! :)

Pictures and workouts to return! :) (Have to get to the grocery store first -Need more color!)

No comments: